What is Beta Club?
To promote the ideals of academic achievement, character, service and leadership among elementary and secondary school students.
Achievement: Recognizing and honoring high academic achievement
Character: Preparing young people for life and empowering them to be successful
Leadership: Developing the leaders of tomorrow
Service: Demonstrating our motto: Let Us Lead by Serving Others
How can I get into Beta Club?
● Model a character of integrity, leadership, service and academic achievement
● Complete a membership application form
● Receive approval from the Beta Club selection committee
● Establish & maintain a 90 average in content area classes and have no significant disciplinary issues
● Be a fourth or fifth grade student at McAllister Elementary School
What must I do if I am in Beta Club?
● Continue to model a character of integrity, leadership, service, and academic achievement
● Maintain a 90 classroom average in content area classes
● Complete 1 Beta Club sponsored community service project per academic year and individual service hours to equal a minimum of 5 hours.
● Submit the service hours by the due date predetermined by the sponsor to the BETA Google Form.
● Be actively present at all Beta Club meetings (1 unexcused absence per academic year)
How can I get dismissed from Beta Club?
● Do not complete the minimum required hours of service
● Do not maintain a 90 academic average in content area classes.
● Grades will be checked at the end of each grading period. A student will be placed on probation for one grading period in order to regain the 90 average. If a student is unable to re-establish the grade average, the student will be dismissed from Beta Club with the option to apply for readmission at the next academic semester.
● Two unexcused absences, per academic year, from the Beta Club meetings. Please let your club sponsors know through Remind if you will be absent from BETA Club meetings.