We will update social media pages as often as possible to share news about BCS and the achievements of the students and staff as well as other relevant district information. In times of inclement weather that necessitate school closing or other school-related emergencies, the pages will be updated in conjunction with the alerting of local and Savannah area media.
All comments posted on BCS social media pages are at the discretion of the page administrators. Naming specific employees or students in a negative way will not be allowed. The page administrators will review all postings to make sure they do not violate the district’s Acceptable Use Guidelines regarding Internet access and practices, as well as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act provisions.
We welcome your thoughts and comments and look forward to what you have to say. However, we will not leave postings that:
• Contain abusive, discriminatory or inappropriate language or statements. This includes remarks that contain obscenities or are sexually explicit.
• Easily identify students and/or staff in defamatory, abusive, or generally negative terms. If you disagree with the content, we ask that you refrain from personal attacks or being disrespectful of others.
• Do not show proper consideration for others’ privacy or are considered likely to offend or provoke others – i.e. don’t pick fights or goad others into inflammatory debates. Malicious intent and or participation not in the spirit of civil conversation will be excluded.
• Are Off Topic. We will exclude comments not related to the subject of the conversation. If you have a question to ask on a different topic, please contact us via email. It is always best to start with the person most involved with your topic (classroom teacher, building principal, etc.).
• Are spam – i.e. repeatedly posting the same comment or comments that are simply advertising/promoting a service or product.
• Break the law or encourage others to do so. This includes respecting copyright and fair use laws. If you are talking about somebody else’s work, reference this or the person, and where possible include a link.
The page administrators reserve the right to not post or remove any comments at any time, for any reason. Repeat offenders will be blocked from posting. If you have feedback or would like to report an inappropriate comment for us to review, send an email to email@example.com
All statements and viewpoints expressed in the comments are strictly those of the commenter alone, and do not constitute an official position of Bryan County Schools unless they are posted by the original author (who is an authorized representative of the District) or by a subject matter expert responding on behalf of the District.